Monday, August 15, 2011

Simple Gourmet-Styled Pizzas

Sun-Dried Tomato, Veggie, and Goat Cheese

3/4 cup oil-packed  sun-dried tomatoes, drained, and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons oil from jar
6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 oz goat cheese
pre-baked pizza crust
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 summer squash
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
3-4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (I used a vegan substitute)

Pre-head over to 400.

In a small bowl combine goat cheese, basil, oil, and tomatoes.  Staying within one inch of the outside edge, spread the mix onto the pizza crust using the back of a spoon or other smooth, rounded surface.  Top with onions and summer squash (you may also use peppers, mushrooms... whatever you fancy).  Sprinkle with rosemary, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 12 minutes. 



Veggie Pesto

1 bunch of basil
2/3 cup olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic (based on size)
1/2 Parmesan cheese (I used a vegan substitute)
2 tablespoons butter (substitute), softened

Pre-baked pizza crust
Toppings (I used green pepper, onion, tomatoes, garlic)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried red peppers
4-6 oz of mozzarella cheese

Wash basil very well to remove all of the dirt and pat dry.  Discard stems.  Place oil, basil, and garlic in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.  Transport to n a bowl and stir in cheese.  Stir in softened butter.  *Do not include these ingredients into the food processor; otherwise it will not turn out as smooth. 

Spread the pesto staying within one inch of the end.  Top it, bake it, eat it!

4 comments:

Trivia said...

nice :)

Kelly-Ann said...

Will you marry me? :)

I now have great ideas for my dinner for my boyfriend and I tomorrow.

Noelani said...

What kind of substitute do you use for the parmesan? This looks delicious (and I literally had pizza like 5 times this week).

Dorien said...

YUM! I just love homemade pizza!