Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Feeling (chicago pt2)

This marks my 100th post! Originally I had planned on doing something special for this post but time has not been on my side. Instead, here are the photos from day two in Chicago last weekend.

We spent the majority of the day exploring The Art Institute of Chicago. If you’ve never been there I highly recommend it next time you are visiting Chicago. Their selection of modern art, specifically surrealism, was quite impressive. I saw classic pieces from de Chirico, MirĂ³, Man Ray, Dali, Duchamp, Magritte, Matisse, Kandinsky, O’Keeffe, Picasso, Seurat… the list goes on. The highlight of the museum was the massive collection of Max Ernst, my favorite artist. The only disappointment was that Evan and I were expecting to see Robert Mapplethorpe’s photography; however, it was not on display at the time.

chi3
Giorgio de Chirico
chi2
Max Ernst

























The latter part of the day was spent hanging out at the beach, eating Indian food, and napping in a park.  We were both exhausted from walking around all day and fell asleep under a tree in a secluded area of the park.  When we awoke nearly two hours later there was a jazz festival going on around us and we were surrounded by people.  It was a strange way to wake up. 

chi7
chi8



chi6
The lovely park we took a cat nap in.

chi5


chi4


chi1

I am in Chicago again this weekend for the Pitchfork Music Festival.  I hope everyone has a fantastic rest of their weekend!!

Music: Violent Femmes

17 comments:

Megan said...

gorgeous photos, I love that floral dress!

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

haha, that is a weird way to wake up. Is that art museum the one they go to in Ferris Bueller? I've always wanted to go!

Courtney Erin said...

I love that Art Institute - wandering around there was the highlight of my trip to Chicago a few years back!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Joey said...

Happy 100th post!
I think it's so cute that you guys fell asleep in a park. The weather must have been beautiful for you to snooze. The sun makes me drowsy, sometimes

Colourful Buttons said...

Congrats on the 100th post! Love your dress :)

Have a great weekend too!
Kaelyn
http://colourfulbuttons.blogspot.com/

Yajaira said...

both of you look nice
love the pattern of the dress - cute
thanks for the comment on my blog - I hope you follow

http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/
http://eleven23shop.blogspot.com/

t said...

Nice pics. Cute dress!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Rebeccak said...

Oh gosh! How completely surreal to wake up in a jazz festival - down the rabbit hole and into the... big band? :)

Love you lively summer prints!

Aline Chirinian said...

Amazing photos, I love your dress and sunnies :)

She is Sara said...

Oh I love this park! You guys look like you are having an amazing time and I am missing Chicago so much!!

LyddieGal said...

Hope you have a great time at pitchfork - sounds like it will be a great show.
Love your sunnies reflection photo, so cute!

Chic on the Cheap

Bethany Heron said...

you look amazing! following your blog now :) xxxxx

Trivia said...

really nice pictures :)

agent 0017 said...

chicago looks so amazing! plus i love your dress :)
(ps, i tagged you for an award at my blog!)

M said...

dig Chi-Town! beautiful photos! loving your new set up too !



COME BY MY GIVEAWAY!
xx.M

www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

Annebeth said...

beautiful summery pics, love your sunglasses and the violent femmes!

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage said...

That floral dress is amazing! Love it!

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!