Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hitched









June 19th 2010
Photos By: Heather Smith. Factory Girl Photography- www.factorygirlphoto.com


Love is a funny thing. When I was a senior in high school my government/econ teacher told me he thought I would be one of the first in my class to get married. Several people from my graduating class have walked down the aisle but I never for a second back then thought I would be married as young as 22- especially not to a man. I was a free spirit- a wild, blue haired party girl and a trouble making punk rocker that did what I wanted and said what was on my mind. After moving into a new city I met a tall, skinny, pale, guy with a purple Mohawk and a Clash t-shirt. After a sword fight and too many beers I knew I had to know more about him and within months we fell in love with one another. Lost, confused, drunk, damaged…. we somehow made it through the first year and a half. Then things started to change. I got a steady job, I quit drinking daily and made a lot of self improvements.

Sometimes you find the perfect person that respects, supports, and loves you for who you are. I fell in love with the most honest, intelligent, kind man four years ago and I couldn't be happier to be his wife. We’ve been through it all in four years and I’m confident that we can handle anything now.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Imagine my delight when I stumbled upon your blog and was greeted with this beautiful post -- what a great story and lovely pictures!

Abby said...

This is so sweet! Sword fight? That's a very unique way of getting to fall in love. I love the pictures!

I stumbled on your blog when I read a comment on another blog saying that you had an etsy shop.

THE DIVINITUS said...

cool combo, a tattoo + wedding dress.