Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Grave Is But A Covered Bridge








Putnam County, Indiana
Photos by: Evan Wells
Top: vintage, 1980s Levis
Shorts: second hand
Boots: Steve Madden, second hand


If there is one thing I admire about the area I am from it’s the country side. I’m only an hour away from where I grew up and maybe it’s that I lack familiarity to the deep country side here but it’s just not the same as back home. Putnam County is known for its vast amount of covered bridges which was a common sight during my long drives far into the country as a teen. After visiting New York for the first time this year I am only more set on the idea of living in the country outside of a great place for the rest of my life – similar to the situation I have now but hopefully not in Indiana. I’m not sure where my future will take me but as long as I can be surrounded by nature I think I’ll be happy.

"The grave is but a covered bridge. Leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!" -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This quote is not necessarily something I agree with but it's an appropriate title and I wanted to give him credit.

2 comments:

pearl said...

for following, i'm following back babe! AND I LOVE YOUR UNIQUE POINTS OF VIEW!

Love,
http://artyaffair.blogspot.com

vnikali said...

i love those boots~
fringe~~~~
xx
vnikali

www.vnikali.blogspot.com